background

Monday, September 14, 2015

Received my letter... not the one I was hoping for. Denied. Kaiser is denying my surgery because bariatric surgery of any kind is not covered under my plan. It's frustrating that they don't even look at my medical history. I knew this was a possibility but I had hoped my luck in life would pull through for this. But, alas, no.

So, I am now researching what I will have to do in order to submit an appeal to an "adverse benefit determination" within the next 180 days (starting tomorrow). I sent a message to my regular doctor to ask for her help. I'm going to send another letter to my previous doctor to see if he is able to help me too.

I am so frustrated, mad, sad, and overwhelmed with the "legaleze," or maybe it should be "medicaleze"of what needs to be done at this point. I am determined to have this surgery. I may have to look into getting it financed through a loan or through another medical center. I noticed through a beginning search that some people are turning to crowdfunding for their surgeries. Hmm...

No comments: