background

Monday, October 18, 2010

Deep Thoughts...

I was just sitting here, staring at my computer screen, thinking. Thinking about how people can be tied together and never know it. Thinking how one person can set off a chain reaction of life changing events and never realize it.

I'm having lunch tomorrow with a dear friend I haven't seen in five years. If this friend hadn't entered my life fifteen years ago...

I would never have had my last job.

I would never have met my husband.

I would never have been laid off from that job.

I would never have gone back to school at Chemeketa for computer programming.

I would never have met my mentor.

Three very important people in my life, tied together.

Tomorrow, I think I will tell my friend thank you.

2 comments:

A Conservative Unclogged Blog said...

Pretty cool stuff! J, my 9 year old was just remarking about the way things we do or don't do are linked together...and they are linked in ways we sometimes just don't see.

I am glad we don't always see, it keeps some mystery there, something to move forward for...

TJ said...

It is remarkable to look back and see how one little (or so thought) decision can affect your life in endless ways.